After innumerable conversations with local and state officials, we are excited to announce that we will be resuming team training and club programming starting Monday November 30th. Please remember that this will also include our Friday club programming consisting of Functional Technical Training, Fitness and Injury Prevention, Goalkeeping and Open Play.
With this return to training, we will need to continue to be extremely diligent in following the club protocols and county mandates. All of our coaches, players, and parents should be familiarized with these as not much will change from our fall UYSA League season. The primary points are outlined below.
- Players must wear a mask to and from the training sessions as they exit their vehicle and during any stoppages in training where a coach requires a mask to be put on
- Coaches must wear a mask for the duration of the training session
- Per state health regulations, spectators are discouraged, for those choosing to attend from outside of their vehicles should be in a mask and socially distanced from anyone outside of their family.
- Coaches will be asking players upon arrival if they are feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms. If the answer is YES, the player will be asked to return home immediately.
- Do not bring your athlete to training if any of the following has happened:
- Your athlete is on quarantine from school
- Anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19
- If your athlete has not yet tested for COVID-19 and had a ‘Close Contact Exposure’ with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- If someone in the athlete’s household is on quarantine due to close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 but has not tested positive themselves, your athlete can still attend training
Cold Weather Safety:
- Please ensure your athlete is dressed for the conditions:
- Gloves, hats, thick socks, warm athletic pants/tights, jacket/coat layers
- Additional suggestions: balaclava, hand or foot warmer pods
- If a player is not adequately dressed and it becomes a safety concern, the coach may call you to pick the player up or to bring additional items
Coaches will be taking attendance at every session for contact tracing purposes and as mandated by Summit County. To help with this, please be diligent about marking your athlete’s attendance in Sports Engine prior to each session.