Celebrating National Girls & Women in Sports Day with Julie Foudy
Today marks the 33rd annual National Girls & Women in Sports Day, a national observance celebrating the extraordinary achievements of
women and girls in sports.
On this day, we're sharing our most popular Julie Foudy resource to recognize Julie's impact on women in sports. In this resource, Julie shares how she welcomed new players to her team "like members of her family."
We're also excited to honor Julie Foudy alongside Brandi Chastain and Mia Hamm with the Lifetime Achievement Award at our own National Youth Sports Awards & Benefit on April 27, 2019.
Stories from Female PCA Staff Members on #NGWSD
This year, 8 of our Female Staff Members at PCA shared the impact of their sports experience and their most extraordinary moment in their sports career.
1. Being a Woman in Sports, From PCA Staff Member Maggie Hatcher
2. How Sports Affected My Life, From PCA Staff Member Kelly Kratz
3. Joining The First Softball Team at GCU, from PCA Staff Member Nicole Kuck
4. Pushing Through Tough Times, From PCA Staff Member Taylor Lydon
5. Growing Up With Sports in Compton, From PCA Staff Member Emerald Leiataua
6. How Sports Filled My Tool Belt with Life Lessons, From PCA Staff Member Amy Manson
7. Proving Yourself As A Woman in Sports, From PCA Staff Member Casey Miller
8. I Can Do Anything the Boys Do, From PCA Staff Member Courtney Pollack
HEAR FROM PCA STAFF